Friday, 16 November 2012

Humble Lane

I passed this country way
Day after day
Wondering if it would
Do me any good
To go back there again

Now I've found my way back
As I sit here and wait
Turn my eyes to heaven
And hope I'm not too late

I've found my way back
To Humble land
Doesn't hurt to visit here
Now and again
I'm sitting in my car
With the engine turned off
Looking out of a lay by
And the quiet is enough

Humble Lane
I don't know if I'm the same
As I lift my eyes to heaven
And gently pray

God, I think I blew it
When it was handed on a plate
I forgot to be the person
That I aimed to be some day

I had it all, I held it
And then I let it go
And so I'm here to tell you
That now I know, now I know.

I've found my way back
To Humble Lane
Wouldn't hurt to visit here now and again





1 comment:

Miranda Kate said...

I like that. We could all do with a visiting Humble Lane indeed! M xx